European Peer Review Association
The European Peer Review Association is an international society. It was founded as a non-profit association (gemeinnütziger Verein) under Austrian law on 11.3.2013.
The association evolved out of the European Peer Review projects that were conducted between 2004 and 2009: the Leonardo da Vinci Projects „Peer Review in initial VET“, „Peer Review Extended“ and „Peer Review Extended II“.
Aims of the European Peer Review Association
The European Peer Review Association aims to disseminate, support and further develop Peer Review as evaluation by colleagues in education and training institutions in the whole of Europe. It observes the following qualitative requirements:
- the standards of the Peer Review procedure as developed in the Leonardo da Vinci projects and
- the quality criteria for (initial and further) education and training developed and applied on the European level.
The programme evaluation standards of the „Joint Committee on Standards for Educational Evaluation“ provide guidance to ensure the utility, feasibility, propriety and accuracy of Peer Review
The European Peer Review Association thus promotes exchange, networking and cooperation between individuals and institutions in the area of Peer Review and quality assurance in education and training in Europe, in particular for enhancing European or international understanding and mutual trust.
Tasks and offers of the European Peer Review Association
The tasks and offers of the European Peer Review Association comprise:
- presentations, workshops, working group, discussions, conferences on Peer Review etc.
- trainings and seminars on Peer Review
- facilitation, support and monitoring of Peer Reviews, especially transnational Peer Reviews
- delivery of a Peer Review quality label
- coordination of a European Peer Review Network
- maintenance of a European Peer Register
- maintenance of a register of institutions that apply Peer Review
- networking and cooperation around Peer Review on the European level
- research and development on Peer Review
- dissemination and publication activities.