European Peer Review in Guidance and Counselling in Adult Vocational Education and Training - Contribution to EQARF implementation - Extension to RV
Jan. 2014 – Dec. 2015
Project No 2013-1-PT1-LEO05-154739
Background and context
The project EuroPeerGuid-RVC is based on the results of the four previous projects: "Peer Review in initial VET", "Peer Review Extended", "Peer Review Extended II" and "EuroPeerGuid". In these projects, the European Peer Review methodology – defined in the "European Peer Review Manual for VET" – was developed and tested within vocational education and training (VET) and guidance and counseling.
The EuroPeerGuid-RVC project gathers 4 European countries – Austria, France, Holland and Portugal. Several countries have Recognition, Validation and Certification of Competencies RVC in their public systems, but don't use Peer Review as a quality assurance methodology. The project responds to the priorities of the Leonardo Call for 2013 which aims to "develop strategies for lifelong learning and mobility and to encourage cooperation between the worlds of education, training and work".
The main aims of the EuroPeerGuid-RVC projects are to:
- Extend the Europeerguid methodology to Recognition, Validation and Certification of Competencie (Europeerguid-RVC) having as partners public, semi-public, and private organisations.
- Establish Peer Review as a complementation of the usual quality assessment systems in Guidance and Counselling in VET of Adults.
- Promote the professional development of RVC practitioners.
- Enhance the quality and visibility of RVC-provision.
In particular, the project will:
- Investigate the state of application of quality assessment and development systems in RVC in the 5 guidance centers of the partner countries and summarise the finding in a report; this will be the basis for the elaboration of the "European Manual of Peer review in RVC in VET of adults".
- Test the methodology described in the Manual and in the Toolbox in the 5 Guidance Centers; debate the results of this test with the local networks of the centers and evaluate the results in the work package (WP) evaluation.
- Assess the applicability of the methodology to Guidance and Counselling in RVC in VET of adults.
- Disseminate the results of the project to the authorities and Guidance Centers in the partner countries, in other European countries and Internationally.
- Guidance Centers with Recognition, Validation and Certification of Competencies (RVC)
- RVC Professionals
- National and local authorities and decision-makers concerned with RVC
- European Networks
- State of the art of report of quality systems in RVC in VET of adults
- Europeerguid-RVC Website
- Europeerguid-RVC Leaflet
- Test report
- Evaluation report
- Database of Europeerguid-RVC peers
- EuroPeerGuid-RVC Toolbox
- EuroPeerGuid-RVC Manual
- Training programme
Partners and countries
11 partners / 4 countries
ISAL Santarém, Portugal (Coordinator) www.santarem.unisla.pt
IMPULSE – Forschung und internationale Kooperation, Austria, www.impulse.at
CIBC Bourgogne Sud, France, www.cibc-bourgognesud.fr
ErikKaemingk C.V., Netherlands
CITEFORMA, Portugal, www.citeforma.pt
Fundação Alentejo, Portugal, www.fundacao-alentejo.pt
AEPA – Agrupamento de Escolas de Paço de Arcos, Portugal, www.aepa.pt
Escola Secundária Dr. Manuel Laranjeira , Portugal, www.esmlaranjeira.net
Escola Secundária de Peniche, Portugal, www.espeniche.pt
Escola Secundária de Santo André, Portugal, www.essa.edu.pt
Partnerhotel Lda, Portugal, www.partnerhotel.net